- 1.57" Drivers
- Wireless Bluetooth & NFC Tap Technology
- Built-In Rechargeable Battery
- Up to 38 Hours of Playback
- LDAC, aptX HD, aptX, AAC Wireless Codecs
- Foldable Design with Swivel Earcups
- Active & Automatic Noise-Canceling
- Tap Controls for Audio & Calls
- Comfortable & Lightweight Design
- Includes Stereo Connector Cable
No matter where you go, you can be alone with your music by using the WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphones from Sony. Noise cancellation is accomplished with Sony's dedicated HD Noise-Canceling QN1 processor and Sense Engine. Sense Engine is designed to automatically adjust the level of ambient sound based on your environment. If quick communication is needed, the Quick Attention feature lets you quickly connect with the outside world by simply covering the right earcup with your hand.
When it comes to what you do hear, the WH-1000XM3 can stream your favorite music via Bluetooth. The WX-1000XM3 headphones also support LDAC and high-resolution audio content. When used with a compatible source device, LDAC transmits approximately three times more data, up to 990 kb/s, compared to conventional Bluetooth. This is meant to make your high-resolution audio content sound even better when it's played back through the 1.57" drivers with LCP diaphragms (Liquid Crystal Polymer).
Whether you're just looking for peace and quiet or a quiet listening experience, Sony crafted these noise-canceling headphones to be comfortable while wearing them. The earpads are made from soft, pressure-relieving foam urethane, and an overall lightweight design that comes in at only 9 oz.
Sense Engine and Adaptive Sound Control
Sony's Sense Engine and Adaptive Sound Control technology are designed to give you a smarter set of noise-canceling headphones. They automatically adjust the level of cancellation based on your activity.
If walking or waiting, they will adjust to help you be aware of your surroundings and hear announcements. While traveling, it adjusts to help keep you from being disturbed. When flying, unique atmospheric pressure optimizing adjusts to help deliver optimal sound at high altitudes.
Personalized Noise-Canceling Optimization
The Personal NC Optimizer is designed to adjust itself based on head size, hair type, and whether you're wearing glasses.
Regardless of the level of noise-cancelation, the Quick Attention features let you quickly hear your environment, whether it's to hear an emergency announcement or have a quick conversation. Simply place your hand over the housing of the right earcup to quiet things down so you can hear.
Sony Headphones Connect App
The WH-1000XM3 headphones can be controlled via the Sony | Headphones Connect app for iOS and Android devices. With it you can adjust the equalizer and noise cancellation settings to customize your listening experience.
When the WH-1000XM3 headphones are paired with your smartphone, you can use them to access the phone's voice assistant. Ask it questions and have it perform tasks just like you would normally do.
With a simple double-tap of the earcup, you can answer incoming calls when paired with your phone. Multiple microphones are built in to help give you clear call quality.
- Battery Life: Up to 30 hours of playback with active noise cancellation
- Quick Charge: With just 10 minutes of charging via an AC adapter (not included), you can gain up to 5 hours of battery life
- Tap Controls: Intuitive tap and swipe gestures on the outside of the right earcup let you adjust volume, play/pause audio, change tracks, and answer calls
- Virtual Surround Sound: Experience audio optimized for different listening environments, such as outdoor stages, clubs, halls, and arenas
- Sound Position Control: Choose the direction you want the sound to come from, just as you can with a wireless speaker
- Swivel & Foldable: The earcups swivel inwards so they pack up neatly in the included compact case
Driver Size: 1.57" / 39.88 mm
Magnet Type: Neodymium
Diaphragm Coating: Aluminum
Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
Design: Over-Ear (Circumaural), Over-the-Head
Frequency Response: 4 Hz to 40 kHz (Wireless)
Sensitivity: 101 dB at 1 kHz (Passive), 105 dB at 1 kHz (Active)
Impedance: 16 Ohms (Passive), 47 Ohms (Active)
Controls/Microphone Location: Earpiece
Audio Compatibility: AAC, LDAC, SBC, aptX, aptX HD
Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
Wireless Range: 30' / 9.1 m
Frequency: 2.4 GHz (24,000 to 24,835 MHz)
Audio Connector: 1/8" (3.5 mm)
Charging Port on Earpiece: USB Type-C
Runtime: 30 Hours (BT+ANC), 38 Hours (Music), 200 Hours (Standby)
Quick Charging Times: 10 Minutes for 5 Hours
Recharge Time: 3 Hours
LED Indicator: Yes
Cable Length: 3.94' / 1.20 m
Weight: 9.0 oz / 255.0 g
Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphones (Black)
Audio Connection Cable (3.94')
Plug Adapter for In-Flight Use
Compact Carry Case